ADVANCE TICKETS ONLY – NO ADMISSION ON THE DAY WITHOUT A PRE-ORDERED TICKET.
Animal Activities Licensing came into force from 1 October 2018 and includes everyone that “trains and exhibits” birds of prey and / or sells birds of prey as pets on a commercial basis (minimum monetary threshold applies). You must ensure that your premises and records are up to licensing standards when your Local Authority Inspector calls.
Depending upon the activities you undertake, Local Authorities are required to grant licenses on a one year, two year, or three year basis depending upon the outcome of your inspection. “Training and Exhibiting” Licences are for a 3 year period only – so if you fail an inspection you won’t be able to trade until you have carried out any remedial work / administration and paid for a re-inspection.
Premises “selling birds as pets” that meet or exceed the standards are eligible for a three year licence. A ‘risk-assessment’ carried out by the inspector determines whether you get a 1, 2, or 3 year licence. So the better you do the cheaper your inspection fees will be. You will be required to pay a fee for each inspection, so it’s in your own best interests to make sure that you achieve the lowest “risk rating” possible.
Save yourself time, money and aggravation by getting it right first time.
Raptor Awards, on behalf of our own members, has been in close contact with DEFRA since March 2018 to ensure that we have a full understanding of the new regulations and how businesses can best meet the licensing requirements.
We are now able to offer full professional training for all bird of prey businesses together with a detailed document pack and guidance on exactly what you need to do to comply.
Numbers to this event will be strictly limited, to ensure that you get full value from the day and that you have ample opportunity to fully understand this new licensing regime. (See conditions below before ordering).
- Location: The Gliding Centre, Husbands Bosworth Airfield, Lutterworth LE17 6JJ
- Start time: Arrive at 9.00 am for registration and refreshments
- Finish time: Flexible but expected to be between 4.30 and 5.00 pm
- Lunch (including a vegetarian option) and refreshments throughout the day.
- Full documentation pack provided PLUS follow up help and support as required after the event.
- Some basic accommodation is available at The Gliding Centre (book direct).
Conditions: Please make sure that you meet the following conditions before you apply for tickets:
- You are based in England OR you are based outside of England but exhibit commercially in England
- You use birds of prey on a commercial basis for one of these activities, or similar:
- Educational visits
- Displays (static or flying)
- Wedding ring delivery
- Corporate days
- Experience days
- Photography days
- Film, video or other media work
- Offering birds of prey for sale
- Other similar activities
- Your commercial activities exceed £1,000 per annum (‘backyard breeders’ or hobbyists are exempt subject to a “business test”)
- If you are a registered charity – and you use birds of prey ‘commercially’ to raise funds by donation or other payment
- You hold a Performing Animals License (the new licensing regime will replace the PAL)
- Zoo licence holders are exempt as long as your display / exhibit activities are specifically covered by the Zoo Licence.
If you have any doubt about whether you are required to be licensed you can contact us using our contact form (top menu)