Applications to attend now closed.
To all current members (and prospective new members) of the Raptor Awards Provider Network:
You are cordially invited to attend the 1st general network meeting to be held on June 30th 2016 at The International Centre for Birds of Prey, Newent. GL18 1JJ. Arrival 10.00 am for 10.30 start. (by kind invitation of Jemima Parry-Jones). Lunch and refreshments included. Finish approximately 3.30pm.
This is an important meeting which will help to inform the future operation of Raptor Awards with special reference to the development of quality assurance processes and their application to existing and new members of the network. The outcomes of this meeting will drive the development of the quality standards to be applied to network members. It is vital, therefore, that we benefit from the maximum number of participants possible for this crucial event.
- The Provider Network is a member-led body delivering education about Birds of Prey in many formats and contexts
- The quality of the education provided by network members has a direct bearing upon the welfare of those raptors that come into the care of people they have helped educate
- Raptor Awards ltd and the network membership share joint responsibility for developing and promoting the highest possible standards among the network members.
The main focus of the meeting will be the development of the quality assurance mechanisms to be applied to members, however, this is also a valuable opportunity for us to discuss other topics of interest / concern. Therefore, we will also schedule time on the agenda for discussion on a range of other topics including:
- New course/s development – what is required to meet customer needs?
- Development of National and Occupational Standards for Bird of Prey keepers
- Customised Awards – how do they work and how can they help the welfare of birds of prey, and my business
- Delivering Professional level courses (e.g. Pest control) – can I become an instructor?
- Future network-wide business development. How can we benefit from being part of a national network?
There will also be networking opportunities before and after the meeting and during lunch and other breaks.
Please note that attendance is by prior booking only. In the case of over-subscription, priority will be given to those applicants who have already submitted their applications for membership by 14th June 2016.
A small charge will be made to cover the costs of lunch and refreshments.